Wednesday, November 17, 2010

JUST SO YOU KNOW!

You may have seen a new section in the pages section called Cathy's Divorce in Connecticut Store.  What I am trying to do is link up with Amazon so that I can advertise for sale books written by people I admire and respect such as Lundy Bancroft.  However, I haven't yet been able to activate the store because I can't figure out their darned directions. 

It's kind of a situation where the spirit is willing but the brains are weak. 

Meanwhile, I can see how I can actually add these what are called "widgets" into my blog posts which do the same thing as a blogsite store.  Unfortunately, I haven't monetized this particular blogsite--my Making of DIC blog.  Perhaps I'll get into it one day when I'm more skillful and it doesn't take me hours to hit the correct buttons. 

Meanwhile, if you see funny things going on in my Cathy store, or the widgets look funny in my daily blogs, don't get too worked up about it.  I will eventually figure it all out, it will just take me a little time. 

And before you get all indignant and say to yourself, that Cathy just wants to make bucks on exploiting us readers, keep in mind that in the two months that I've had the DIC blogsite going I have earned all of $.70. 

I'm actually allowing the monetization simply because I think it makes me appear to be somewhat more open to the world, more in the mainstream, rather than just focused in on my little world.  Of course, that could be just an illusion, but I truly am trying.  OK, Ok, I'm just joking. 

Anyway, let me know what you think about the general look, and if you have ideas about how to use blogger more effectively, I'm delighted to hear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment