Friday, November 5, 2010

THE TIME FACTOR

There has been somewhat of a pause in writing since my last posting on financial agreements.  This is because I have so much to do in my life that I haven't been able to get to a computer so that I could sit down and write.  As a result, I was happy to come across the news article on Mary Winkler because it provided me with a ready made subject that I was very familiar with so I didn't have to do too much preparation to talk about it.  


The Mary Winkler case was being discussed in detail at the time that my divorce started and it made me feel very emotional.  I don't know how many times I worried that, like Mary Winkler, I wouldn't be able to take it any more and that I would snap.  To this day I am not sure what gave me the strength to continue on without doing anything stupid.


At the time I recall wondering, do my neighbors know how many women are living the same kind of life that Mary Winkler had?  Do they know what I'm going through?  I felt angry that no one seemed to understand how much pain I was suffering.  I envied Mary Winkler, in a way, because at least no one could ignore how she felt any more.  


At this point, however, I am very grateful that my children and I have survived the worst of my divorce without them ever going through a severe trauma on the level that the Winklers children did.  My kids can still live with the security of knowing that the world is reasonably safe to live in and that Mom was able to stand up and support them and make sure that everything is OK--not perfect, but OK.  That's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment